Samsung fridge water filter reset. We know that Samsung refrigerators are well-known for their authenticity and trustworthiness. It provides different attributes to serve its valuable users.
For Example, we are talking about a feature of the water filter light on most Samsung refrigerators.
When the Samsung water filter indicator light on a Samsung fridge starts blinking, it means that your appliance needs water filter replacement.
If you are one of those who are concerned about their health or hygiene, and you feel fresh and active after drinking filtered and pure water, then you have to change the water filter of your Samsung fridges after 6 months.
Well, if your Samsung Refrigerator is blinking red light even after replacing the water filter and you don’t know how to reset the filter light, then we are here for you with our services.
We hope this article has all the solutions to your problems about Samsung fridge water filter reset with easy and user-friendly guidelines. Let us lead the way for you.
Samsung fridge water filter reset
Guideline To Reset The Water Filter Light
The Samsung Refrigerator’s water filter light starts blinking after every 6 months of period.
It works as an alarm that reminds you to change your refrigerator’s water filter.
But it depends on your choice; if you don’t utilize water and ice much and don’t feel any need for replacement, then you can reset the water filter light on the Samsung refrigerator.
If you don’t know what steps you’ll need to follow and want to get rid of the Samsung filter light, then you can follow the accurate instructions to get peace from this annoying situation.
If your Samsung refrigerator’s red warning light is turned ON and you want to shut off the indicator, you must tap and hold the button filter reset for three seconds.
Most Samsung refrigerator models contain the reset button on the front side or the control panel, but if you cannot find it, you may take help from the manual.
Examine if the Samsung refrigerator filter light returns to its normal position.
Look at your Samsung fridge; if it has the Ice/Water button, you have to tap it for three seconds and then release it.
Suppose you are still facing the illuminating filter light on your Samsung refrigerator and looking for the solution.
In that case, you may try the filter resetting option for the default setting.
Reset The Filter Light On Different Models
In this article, we tried to cover the methods for resetting different models. You may determine your Samsung refrigerator model for filter reset light on a Samsung.
Reset Filter Light Samsung Model RF260/BEAESR/AA
If you have a Samsung french door refrigerator door and want to reset the filter light on that type of refrigerator, you must follow the following step.
- To turn OFF the alarm with interior controls, tap the ALARM/HOLD button on the display panel and release it after three seconds.
- Tap the FRIDGE and POWER COOL buttons at the same time, and hold them for three seconds for exterior controls units.
Reset The Water Filter Light Samsung Model RF23J9011SG/AA
If you have a Samsung refrigerator model RF23J9011SG/AA and want to shut off the Samsung replacement warning light by reset option, then you must follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press and hold the CRUSHED ice button and release it after three seconds for filter light resetting.
Resetting Steps For Filter Light Of Samsung Model RF23J9011SR
If you have the Samsung Refrigerator model RF23J9011SR and want to reset the light notification, then press and hold the following button.
- It would be best if you pressed the CRUSHED/HOLD and Normal Dispense buttons simultaneously for almost three seconds.
Reset Water Filter Light Of Samsung Model RF28K9095SR/AA
Follow the steps for your Samsung refrigerator model RF28K9095SR/AA filter reset light.
- Tap on the CRUSHED ice button and hold it for three seconds.
Steps For Reset Filter Of Samsung Refrigerator Model RF24R7201SR/AA
If you have the refrigerator model mentioned above and the red filter indicator is turned on, you may follow the guideline to reset the Samsung refrigerator water filter.
- Press and hold the filter reset button and release it back after three seconds. You may easily find it on dispenser controls.
Reset Filter light For Samsung Model RF28K9070SR
If you have the Samsung refrigerator model RF28K9070SR, you may act upon the following instructions for the filter reset indicator of your refrigerator.
- You must tap and hold the ICE MAKER button to reset the filter light on the Samsung refrigerator.
Reset the Filter Of Samsung Model RF28R7201SR
Go along with the instructions to reset the filter light on Samsung refrigerators model number RF28R7201SR.
- Press the ICE MAKER button on your refrigerator control panel and hold it for three seconds.
Filter Light Resetting of Samsung Model SRF719DLS
You may go through the steps for resetting the Samsung refrigerator filter light if your refrigerator has the SRF719DLS model number.
- CRUSHED/HOLD button
Reset Steps For Samsung Refrigerator For RF22K9381SR Model
If there is a light on a Samsung refrigerator, even if you have a newly installed filter, then you may follow the given track.
- Tap down the FILTER RESET button for three seconds.
Samsung Refrigerator model RF263BEAESR Reset Filter Light
To reset automatically the filter alarm light of your Samsung refrigerator for RF263BEAESR models.
- Press the Samsung refrigerator ICE TYPE/WATER button on the control panel for almost three seconds.
- Then you must press the FRESHENER light on a Samsung refrigerator seven times. Ensure that you must complete the taps in fifteen seconds to reset successfully.
Reset The Water Filter Light Samsung Refrigerator Model DA29-00003G
Go along with the steps to reset the filter light on the Samsung fridge model mentioned above.
- Touch the ALARM/HOLD button for three seconds and then release it.
Go through the direction to remove the water filter message by resetting the filter light on a Samsung refrigerator, especially for refrigerators that have four doors.
- To reset the Samsung water filters, you must press the CRUSHED LIGHT INDICATOR button and release it after three seconds.
Procedure For Samsung Water Filter Replacement
As we have mentioned, there are three types of Samsung refrigerator water filters, and you must confirm your water filter according to your Samsung model number.
So, here we have discussed the procedure of all the water filter types of your Samsung refrigerator so that you can reset your Samsung refrigerator filter light.
Types of Water Filter
Before resetting and replacing the filter, you must know your fridge’s type of water filter. Usually, Samsung fridge water filters have three types of water filters that are mentioned below:
- HAF CU1
- HAF QIN
- HAF CIN
Gaining knowledge of your Samsung refrigerator model water filter helps you in the task of resetting and replacing the filter.
So, if your Samsung fridge water filter light or red filter icon is blinking and you want to reset it but don’t know your filter type, you have to get in touch with the user manual.
1. Replace The HAF CU1 Water Filters
If your Samsung Refrigerator has a HAFCU1 type of water filter, as stated in your refrigerator’s user manual book, you can undoubtedly follow the instructions for replacing the filter.
Firstly, you must unplug the power cord before accessing your Samsung refrigerator water filter as a precautionary measure.
Shut off the water supply. Then you must access the filter by opening the water filter cover; if unaware of the location, refer to the manual book.
Move the filter counter-clockwise, and take it out to detach it.
Take the new water filter, place it at the filter housing, and move it clockwise to fix it.
Ensure that grooves are aligned for a proper installation.
2. Replace The HAF QIN Water Filters
If your Samsung refrigerator water filter is HAF-QIN type, you may proceed to the guidelines.
Firstly, you must flick Off the Samsung Refrigerator and detach the power cord.
Access the water filter according to the manual after shutting off the water supply.
Remove the filter by turning counter-clockwise.
Your new filter may contain a safety cap; ensure to remove it before installation.
Now, insert the water filter on its spot and move clockwise.
3. Replace The HAF CIN Water Filters
- You may follow the instructions of HAF QIN for replacement.
Depending on the water quality you usually use, you may replace the filter before or after the six months.
Filter Indicator illuminates Yet After Replacement Of Filter
Even if you have replaced the Samsung refrigerator filter, but the filter indicator light is still turned ON, you have to check the following tips and tricks to get rid of this annoyance.
Inspect The Filter placed Correctly
- If you are experiencing turned ON filter indication, there might be improper filter seating. You have to inspect that you have placed the filter correctly. Ensure to align the filter grooves for proper placing.
Inspect The Installement
- If you want to avoid the issue of turning on the filter light even though you have replaced it, then you must access the filter to check whether you have installed the filter according to your Refrigerator manual.
Inspect The Buttons
- To make a successful resetting, you must confirm the buttons of your refrigerator are not locked while doing reset the filter light.
- You may go through the manual to get guidance or a unlock technique about unlocking the buttons according to your refrigerator model.
This article discusses the Samsung fridge water filter reset guidelines and the steps you may follow to replace the filter to get filtered water.
We hope that you may be able to fix the Samsung refrigerator filter light after reading the instructions we have shared.
If your issue is not fixed, you may also contact an expert to diagnose your filtration system.